Estacada Rural Fire District No. 69 is establishing an eligibility list for the position of:
Appointments are to civil service positions and made based on meeting minimum qualifications, merit, demonstrated ability and fitness. Appointments are established by testing, examination and investigation of qualified candidates.
You may obtain an application online at www.estacadafire.org
You may also request an application packet by contacting Rodonna Demeter at Estacada Rural Fire District. She can be reached at (503) 630-7712 or by email to (redacted). Applications can be emailed or sent to you via USPS mail.
All required documentation must be received on or before December 28, 2018 @ 4:00 pm at:
Estacada Rural Fire District No. 69
Attn. Entry Level Testing Process
P.O. Box 608
Estacada, Oregon 97023
Hand Deliver to:
Estacada Rural Fire District No. 69
445 SE Currin St.
Estacada, Oregon 97023
Entry Level FF Process
Applications will be received Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm. Mailed applications must be postmarked on or before December 24, 2018. Emailed applications must be timestamped no later than December 28, 2018 by 4 pm.
A check or money order made out to Estacada Rural Fire District in the amount of $25 must be included with your application packet to receive the written exam study guide. Cash or check will be accepted with walk-in delivery of application packets. Online payment will be accepted by way of PayPal on the Estacada Rural Fire District No. 69 website.
Specific duties and responsibilities are outlined in each of the Fire District’s job descriptions, which are included in the application packet.
Salaries are determined through a collective bargaining process.
· Salary range for a Firefighter/Paramedic for fiscal year 2018-2019 is $73,100 - $87,962 as described in the collective bargaining agreement.
· Participation in PERS/OPSRP (the fire district pays the employees 6% PERS contribution).
· Generous vacation and sick leave benefits.
· 100% District Paid Premiums for Medical and Dental
· $2400 Annual Contribution to HRA/VEBA
· Employee Assistance Program
· Deferred Compensation Program (457b)
· Scheduled Kelly Days
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum 18 years of age
· Valid driver’s license
· Oregon EMT Basic License or National Registry EMT Basic certification (higher license/certification accepted). The candidate must be a licensed Oregon paramedic or a paramedic with reciprocity to work in Oregon prior to the date of hire.
· NFPA Firefighter I certification
· Must possess the training, physical condition and ability to effectively perform the essential functions, and any marginal functions of the position as specified in the job description
· Eligible to work in the United States of America at time of appointment
· The first phase of the process will consist of an application review and minimum qualifications evaluation. Candidates must complete the application and submit it together with a cover letter, resume and supporting documentation. The application, cover letter, resume and supporting documentation must be included in the application packet to continue in the process. Applications will only be accepted from individuals who meet the minimum requirements established by Estacada Rural Fire District No. 69. All certifications must be current and up to date.
· Candidates that progress through the first phase will be invited to participate in the remaining phases of the evaluation process. Candidates will be graded on the following components and must achieve a minimum score of 75% to be placed on the eligibility list:
o Written Examination 40%
o Interview 60%
CANDIDATES MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT:
· Background check
· Physical examination
· Psychological evaluation
· Drug screen
· Physical agility test
REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
If a candidate needs a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any component of the exam, please contact Rodonna Demeter at 503-630-7712 by December 28, 2018.
PREFERENCE POINTS FOR VETERANS
Per ORS 408.230, Section 5, a person seeking to fill a vacant civil service position may be eligible for Veteran preference points. To receive Veteran preference points, you must submit a copy of DD 214 in your application packet. Veteran preference points are applied to the final score of candidates that meet the minimum qualifications and achieve a minimum passing score of 75% in the testing process.
PREFERENCE POINTS FOR VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS
The East Clackamas County Unified Civil Service Rules and Regulations Rule VII, Section 12, state that preference shall be given to candidates who are current volunteers of Estacada Rural Fire District No. 69 and have served a minimum of three years of uninterrupted service as an active volunteer firefighter. Interruption in volunteer service that exceeds 180 days shall constitute a break in service that disqualifies the volunteer from utilizing this preference. The volunteer preference points shall be determined using the candidate’s volunteer status as of the application deadline. Volunteers shall qualify for an increase of five (5) points added to the final score when the Volunteer meets the minimum qualifications and achieves a minimum passing score of 75% in the testing process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Estacada Rural Fire District No. 69 (ERFD) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, or military service, or any state of Oregon protected classifications. ERFD does not discriminate against any candidate or employee in hiring or in the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment based upon genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation and gender identity, or related medical conditions. ERFD will make reasonable accommodations for qualified employees with physical or mental disabilities and for employee’s religious beliefs that conflict with a workplace rule or function. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of the essential job duties.
Documents:2018 Entry Level FF Process.pdf