Deputy Fire Marshal
Opening Date: January 21, 2022
Closing Date: February 22, 2022 12:00 pm
The Estacada Fire District is currently recruiting qualified applicants to fill a
Deputy Fire Marshal position
Location: Estacada, Oregon
General Position Summary:
Under the general direction of the Fire Chief an employee in this class is to promote community safety through fire prevention activities, including conducting fire code and life safety inspections, plans examination, and community education. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of the Fire Chief, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with fire district career and volunteer staff, City personnel, other fire departments and districts, Federal and State agencies, insurance companies, area schools, civic and community organizations, local businesses, homeowners, contractors, engineers, professional builders, and the public. The principal duties of this class are performed at all public, commercial, and multi-family dwelling properties, various City properties and/or construction sites where fire safety systems may be installed and tested, with exposure to hazardous processes, chemicals, and gasses, with possible travel to other jurisdictions as assigned. This position has emergency response responsibilities in times of high call volume and for more complex incidents.
Education, Experience, Certifications and Licenses Required:
• Valid Oregon Driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire
• Oregon State Fire Marshal, Fire and Life Safety Specialist I (OSFM FLS 1) within 6 months of hire*
• Oregon State Fire Marshal, Fire and Life Safety Specialist II (OSFM FLS II) within one (1) year of hire;
• International Code Council (ICC) Plans Examiner certification within eighteen (18) months of hire.
*OSFM FLS I include:
• OSFM FLS Awareness I and II (online)
• OSFM Basic Building Code (online)
• OSFM Basic Mechanical Code (online)
• OSFM Oregon Fire Code Amendments (online)
• ICC Inspector I certification
• Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) / National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Fire Investigator or ability to obtain within 12 months
• NFPA Firefighter I or equivalent
• Oregon Emergency Medical Technician
• Associates degree in Fire Science, Fire Prevention, or related field.
• 3 years related experience
-or- Any combination of education, training, and/or experience that demonstrates equivalent requirements may be considered at the discretion of the Fire District. Successful completion of required coursework for certification may be considered.
• ICC Inspector II certification
• IAAI Fire Investigator certification
• NFPA Fire Instructor I
• NFPA Fire Officer I
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Administration or related field
• Completion of ICS 300
Fulltime/FLSA Exempt Position
Salary Range: $80,364 – $111,552 D.O.E. and certifications
Benefits: Competitive benefit program that includes, PERS retirement, family health insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, and holidays.
Anticipated test date: Week of March 10, 2022
Desirable starting date: April 4, 2022
To be considered please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application via:
Estacada Fire District
PO Box 1385
Estacada, OR 97023
Or drop off at the Estacada Fire District administrative office 445 Currin Street Estacada OR 97023.
Questions may be directed to Fire Chief Ian O’Connor @ 503-630-7712.
Applications must be received by: February 22, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. PST, no postmarks.
Job description and application available by contacting Administrative Manager Cheryl Lashbrook 503-630-7712 or in person at the Estacada Fire District administrative office 445 Currin Street Estacada OR 97023.